Ir al contenido principal

Post 2: Puerto Natales

In the summer of 2014 I traveled to Puerto Natales, a city in the extreme south of Chile. I traveled with my mother, two cousins ​​and the son of one of my cousins ​​to visit my older sister Paula.

My sister has lived there since 2012 because she went to work as a cook at a hotel in Parque Nacional Torres del Paine. It was a wonderful trip because I had never traveled so far with my mom because our family vacations used to be on the beaches of the Valparaíso . Also the trip was very exciting because it was the first time that I was traveling by plane.


We took a plane to the city of Punta Arenas and there we took a bus that took us to Puerto Natales. We stayed a week in this city. During these days we knew the small city and we walked along the Costanera from which we could see the sea and some beautiful hills such as Cerro Benitez and Cerro Tenerife. My sister also took us to eat at amazing restaurants.


The best day of the trip was when we went to Parque Nacional Torres del Paine where I saw the most beautiful landscapes I have ever seen in my life. We hired a tour and visited the main places of the park. My favorite places were Lago Pehoé and Glaciar Grey . After visiting the park we also went to see the Cueva del Milodón, an incredible place where the milodones used to live thousands of years ago.

It was an unforgettable trip and I hope to return soon to visit my sister again.











Comentarios

  1. Thats one of my favorites place im Chile, and I would love to go ther someday! :')

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I think your photos are so cute, you have to invite me one day <3

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Wow so many beautiful landscapes! Glad you had a good time!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

POST 6: POST GRADUATE STUDIES

I'm still not really sure of the graduate studies I'd like to pursue because I've been worried about finishing my career. Although I think it's a topic that should start worrying me.  The problem is that I like many areas of journalism and that is why it is difficult for me to decide what I would like to specialize in. But in the last time I have thought about studying Data Journalism.  It is a type of journalism in which large amounts of data are analyzed (Big Data) and statistical methods are used to draw conclusions to create news.  To learn data journalism it is necessary to learn programming, mathematics and statistics.  Although it is a very difficult area, I really like it a lot. Data journalism is a very rigorous journalism and serves to find out things like political corruption or the crisis of the church.  For example in the film Spotlight use this method for journalistic investigation.  In Chile this area is not developed but I ...

POST 7: THEMED / FREE POST 3

Some time ago I was interested in learning about women scientists from the past and in getting to know some of the present. I am interested in this because the natural sciences are an area where there is a lot of machismo and in school when they talked about science they only showed us male references. Hard sciences such as mathematics is one of the areas most often linked to men and it is for this reason that today I will talk about Ada Lovelace , the first woman programmer in history.  Ada was born in 1815 in England and since she was a girl she studied mathematics, driven by her mother. When he grew up he studied at the University of England and met Charles Babbage who designed an analytical machine that worked with the same principles that computers later worked on. Ada collaborated with him and invented the first alogaritmo to be processed. Thus it became the first that created a language for programming.  Ada was not only dedicated to mathem...

Post 4: Career related topic

When I finished studying at school, I felt very insecure and did not know what to study. My two options were: Cinema and TV or Journalism. I like watching movies, literature, writing and communications in general, so I had a hard time deciding. Finally I decided on Cinema and TV and entered the University of Chile. I studied Cinema for a year and a half and then decided to change to Journalism. When I was studying cinema, I realized that really more than making movies, I liked watching movies and writing about movies. I also realized that my favorite area was documentary film. For these reasons I decided to change to Journalism in the same University of Chile. The career of Journalism I like very much because it covers all my interests. I really like written journalism and also audiovisual journalism. Audiovisual journalism has allowed me to develop my documentary interest. Another area that fascinates me is investigative journalism, reports and chronicles. In general the texts that re...