I'm still not really sure of the graduate studies I'd like to pursue because I've been worried about finishing my career. Although I think it's a topic that should start worrying me.
The only thing that stops me to study this is the money since it is very expensive to travel to Europe. I hope to get a scholarship or work hard to get the money.
The problem is that I like many areas of journalism and that is why it is difficult for me to decide what I would like to specialize in. But in the last time I have thought about studying Data Journalism.
It is a type of journalism in which large amounts of data are analyzed (Big Data) and statistical methods are used to draw conclusions to create news. To learn data journalism it is necessary to learn programming, mathematics and statistics.
Although it is a very difficult area, I really like it a lot. Data journalism is a very rigorous journalism and serves to find out things like political corruption or the crisis of the church.
For example in the film Spotlight use this method for journalistic investigation.
In Chile this area is not developed but I would like to travel to Spain to study at the Complutense University of Madrid. I would like to study data journalism in person.
It's a big challenge this area, but at the same time it's a very important job especially with new techonology
ResponderEliminar