I really like the cinema and for this reason I have a hard moment choosing my favorite film or director. But today I will talk about the last movie that I liked and I was surprised.
"The wife" tells the story of the marriage made up of Joan Castleman (played by Glenn Close) and Joe Castleman (played by Jonathan Pryce). Both are seniors and writers.
The film begins when Joe Castleman wins the Nobel Prize for Literature and then they travel together to Sweden to receive the award.
Later we learned that Joe had not written any of his books and that his wife wrote the books for him. She made this decision when she was young because she thought that she would not triumph in literature just because she was a woman. The film ends in an unexpected way.
What I really liked about the movie is the performance of Glenn Close. She plays Joan incredibly and movie critics say that she may win the Oscar for this performance.
I also liked the topic that the film address, that is, the fear that women have to dedicate to certain areas that were usually reserved for men.
"The wife" is a film that I highly recommend if you like drama.

"The wife" tells the story of the marriage made up of Joan Castleman (played by Glenn Close) and Joe Castleman (played by Jonathan Pryce). Both are seniors and writers.
The film begins when Joe Castleman wins the Nobel Prize for Literature and then they travel together to Sweden to receive the award.
Later we learned that Joe had not written any of his books and that his wife wrote the books for him. She made this decision when she was young because she thought that she would not triumph in literature just because she was a woman. The film ends in an unexpected way.
What I really liked about the movie is the performance of Glenn Close. She plays Joan incredibly and movie critics say that she may win the Oscar for this performance.
I also liked the topic that the film address, that is, the fear that women have to dedicate to certain areas that were usually reserved for men.
"The wife" is a film that I highly recommend if you like drama.

You sold me this movie, many people was recommended me this film. I will try to see it soon.
ResponderEliminarWow! Your post made me remember J.K. Rowling's situation when she started writing Harry Potter. She had to abridge her name so people didn't know the book's author was a woman and, this way, reach more readers. I hope things may be different nowadays.
ResponderEliminar